Vulpes Vulpes and a cloudy day
Today it's a damn cold day outside. I went out for some grocery shopping and it's a cloudy day, sun is very shy today or lazy and didn't wanted to appear for us humans how enjoy his heat every time, along the year. I didn't even mind when is summer time with those very, very hot days, I love that and appreciate those days because I know it doesn't last forever and hate feeling cold.
Today I woke up, in my previous work schedule, so it's pretty early and I did enjoy my morning, and to warm my soul and brain I've been learning about animals, those beautiful creatures that I love so much.
So there we go.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- A group of rhinoceroses is called a crash.
- Gorillas can catch human colds and other illnesses.
- There is an average of 50,000 spiders per acre in green areas.
- Ostriches can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions.
- The bat is the only mammal that can fly.
- The leg bones of a bat are so thin that no bat can walk.
- A tarantula spider can survive for more than 2 years without food.
- If you keep a goldfish, in a dark room, it will become pale.
- The scientific name of the red fox is Vulpes Vulpes.
- The average fox weighs 14 pounds.
- Sweden has a rabbit show-jumping competition called Kaninhoppning.
- Even a small amount of alcohol placed on a scorpio will make it go crazy and sting itself to death. (That's why I don't drink much, I don't kill myself of course, but go crazy and in the end I feel like I'm dying because of nausea, haha!)
- Canis Lupus Lupus is the scientific name for a grey wolf.
- Alligators can live up to 100 years.
- Turtles can breathe throught their butts.
- Blue-eyed lemurs are one of two (non-human) primates to have truly blue-eyes.
- Some male songbirds sing more than 2000 times each day.
- A single elephant tooth can weigh as much as 9 pounds.
- Dog's nose prints are as unique as humans fingerprints and can be used to identify them.
- During World War II, Americans tried to train bats to drop bombs.
- Squirrels plant thousands of new trees each year simply by forgetting where they put their acorns.
- Squirrels will adopt other squirrels babies if they are abandoned.